WIDA MODEL Workshop
Audience: Test Administrators, District Test Coordinators
Maximum Number of Participants: 50*
Duration: one day
WIDA MODEL is a standards-based placement test to determine academic language proficiency for English Language Learners (ELLs). Participants will work collaboratively to strengthen their understanding of test administration, the underpinnings of the assessment, and the resources available after the workshop. Particular attention will be given to the speaking and writing assessment with practice items**. This workshop has been designed for anyone who will be involved with test administration.
Participants will be able to describe:
- the relationship between the WIDA ELD Standards and MODEL
- procedures for test administration
- procedures for administering and scoring the Speaking and Writing tests
- how to access additional WIDA MODEL resources
- procedures for administering and scoring Kindergarten MODEL (if applicable)
*We have found this number to be the most effective for facilitator-participant interaction. If you are considering additional participants, this must be discussed and approved with WIDA in advance as it may change the number of facilitators required for the event.
**Additional scoring practice and calibration is highly recommended for successful administration