ELD Standards in Action: Differentiation Workshop
Audience: Educators, Administrators
Recommended Number of Participants: 20-40
Duration: One-half day to one day*
*Length of session is determined by audience knowledge and the depth and breadth of information covered.
This workshop provides opportunities to explore language differentiation during content instruction and assessment. Participants will explore the use of the CAN DO Descriptors and/or transformed model performance indicators (MPIs) to enhance students' understanding and engagement of the content.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe how the CAN DO Descriptors complement the ELD Standards
- Use the CAN DO Descriptors and/or WIDA ELD Standards for language differentiation in the instruction & assessment of ELLs
- Apply the CAN DO Descriptors & transformed MPIs for lesson planning
- Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Size of Group
- Audience (teams, grade-level, job responsibilities such as general education, ESL/bilingual, administrators)