Standards and Instruction
WIDA offers or is developing the following standards and instructional resources:
- English Language Development (ELD) Standards: innovative and renowned, these standards have been adapted by TESOL as the national model and are used by thousands of educators to set curricular goals, plan differentiated lessons, and measure student language growth.
- Early English Language Development (E-ELD) Standards: Coming Soon!
- CAN DO Descriptors: This publication contains an intuitive set of descriptors of students' linguistic abilities, useful for sharing with general education teachers, students, and parents to interpret test results or set goals for language development.
- PRIME Correlation Program: offers a process for publishers, independent correlators, and state and local education agencies to determine the ways in which key components of the WIDA ELP Standards are represented in instructional materials.
- Spanish Language Arts (SLA) Standards: were modeled after English language arts standards in consortium states to assist schools that offer Spanish language arts in planning their curricula and implementing instruction.
- SALSA Grant: A federal Enhanced Assessment Grant awarded for WIDA and the grant partners to develop and implement academic Spanish Language Development (SLD) Standards and an aligned, computer-based Spanish language proficiency assessment.
- WIDA Standards in International Contexts: provides an overview of the project currently developing resources to support the implementation of the WIDA ELD Standards in international contexts.
Check out our blog entry on the Language of Mathematics.