WIDA Professional Development consists of four main types of offerings:
- Workshops: One-hour to two-day offerings, can be face-to-face or web-based
- Academies: Three- to five-day face-to-face offerings for 25-30 participants
- Institutes: Intensive workshops requiring follow-up work for participants to receive authorization or certification
- Educator Resources: The Educator Resources team develops resources to enhance and differentiate professional learning for educators.
- LADDER for Language Learners: A 12-18 month professional development offering to support schools and districts in making data-informed improvements to their programming and instruction for ELLs
- WIDA for Teacher Education: a membership program for higher education faculty and instructors preparing preservice teachers for culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms
WIDA also hosts an annual conference designed to promote collaboration among educators of language learners:
If you are interested in WIDA professional development, please fill out the Request form or contact email@example.com.
Where is WIDA PD happening?
Green Bay, WI
Las Vegas, NV
Rock Springs, WY
These events are sponsored by state or local educational agencies. To participate, please contact your local professional development coordinator.