WIDA offers or is developing the following assessments and related resources:
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0: A computer-based, secure annual summative assessment of the developing social and academic English language proficiency of English language learners in Grades 1 through 12.
- Kindergarten ACCESS: Used in Consortium states to annually measure the language development of Kindergarten ELLs in an age-appropriate, engaging, one-on-one format.
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs: An equitable English language proficiency assessment for students with significant cognitive disabilities, administered in 16 WIDA consortium states for the first time in Spring 2012.
- W-APT: WIDA's original placement test used to identify and place students in program support. Available as a free download for Consortium members or as a package of master files for non-Consortium members.
- WIDA MODEL: A series of box kit assessments of English language proficiency that can be used as an interim benchmark assessment once or twice during the school year to monitor growth. Grades 1-12 test kits also contain a screener form of the test for support in program placement decisions. Available for purchase by any school worldwide.
- ASSETS Grant: WIDA was the project management partner of the 28-state ASSETS Consortium from 2011-15, a collaboration designed to create an innovative technology-based assessment system supporting English language learners. The system became operational in 2015-16.
Institute for Innovative Assessment: Develops and investigates innovative and accessible content assessments and related resources that support teaching and learning at the classroom, interim, and summative levels.
Check out our blog entries on common assessments and using rubrics and checklists for classroom assessment.