What are the responsibilities for each of the three roles needed to administer the ACCESS for ELLs 2.0?
The annual summative assessment, ACCESS for ELLs 2.0, includes the three following roles for test preparation and administration: Test Coordinators, Test Administrators, and Technology Coordinators.
Test Coordinators (District or School Levels) –
- are responsible for the overall coordination of test administration activities;
- will coordinate with Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) to set up user accounts within the WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS);
- set up test administrators in WIDA’s Training Course;
- complete the Training Course for Test Coordinators;
- verify that Test Administrators and Technology Coordinators have also completed their trainings
Test Administrators –
- are responsible for administering ACCESS for ELLs 2.0;
- must be ESOL certified and ACCESS 2.0 certified;
- will complete the WIDA Training Course, including review of all applicable Test Administration Manuals and web-based modules;
- must review all material that will be available through the WIDA Training Course to prepare for test administration activities.
Technology Coordinators –
- are responsible for all technical and system set up for online testing and working with Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) on any local system issues;
- will complete web-based trainings that will be available through the WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS).
What type of training is available for ACCESS for ELLs 2.0?
Training for the ACCESS for ELLs assessment will no longer have Checklists or a Preparation page. The ACCESS for ELLs Training Course, which includes certification for the following four tests is available on the WIDA website by logging into My Account and Secure Portal:
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs
- Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs (which includes a quiz for the Speaking test)
- Online ACCESS for ELLs 2.0
- Paper ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 (which includes a quiz for the Speaking test for grades 1-5 and grades 6-12)
Am I required to take the test administrator training quizzes to become approved to administer ACCESS for ELLs?
You must take the quizzes once every three years, and the Speaking section should be reviewed annually.
Do I need to show proof of my passing quiz grades (80%) from previous years?
No, but please keep a copy of your certificate in case you are asked for it.