Will ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 be online or paper-based in Wyoming in 2016-2017?
During the test ordering window, October 19 – November 30, 2016, schools will decide whether to administer the online and/or paper-based ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 assessment for the 2017 administration of ACCESS for ELLs 2.0. Schools may select one of the following options:
- All online (computer-based)
- All paper-based, or
- Combination of both formats.
Although schools may select either online (computer-based) or paper-based ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 assessment, the Wyoming Department of Education strongly encourages schools to administer the tests online, because of:
- Increased ease of test administration
- No selection of test tiers ahead of time;
- Group test administration of multiple grades and test tiers together
- Small group, rather than individually-administered, Speaking tests, with centralized, rather than local, scoring (However, headsets will be required)
- Speaking test training and qualification would no longer be required
The following will continue to be a paper-based assessment:
- Writing domain of the ACCESS for ELLs Test for Grades 1-3
- Kindergarten ACCESS
- Alternate ACCESS for students with disabilities who have been so designated by their IEP teams, or who have this listed in their 504 plans
Will 4th and 5th grade ELLs on the Writing test respond by handwriting or keyboarding?
Wyoming’s default for grades 4-5 Writing test is keyboarding. However, districts have the option of changing to handwriting if they feel this best meets their students' needs.
What type of training is available for ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 for the three roles of those participating in delivery–Test Administrators, Test Coordinators, and Technology Coordinators?
All training materials will be available virtually through web-based modules and online resources. Training information for the three ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 roles (Test Coordinator, Test Administrator, and Technology Coordinator) is available on the ACCESS 2.0 Preparation Resources webpage. Users may select their role (or all roles) to see currently available and upcoming resources.